Description & Mission
The Mission of the Cohasset Elder Affairs is to offer outstanding programs and services that provide for the physical, social, and emotional wellbeing of our older adults by assisting them to lead independent, stimulating, and self-reliant lives as members of the community.
As the primary advocate for older adults in our community, we provide access to support, outreach, meals, activities, education, recreation, and transportation. We also serve as a social network for the older adults in the Town of Cohasset.
Based at Willcutt Commons, a state-of-the-art center built specifically for the purpose, Cohasset Elder Affairs:
- provides education for older adults and families on critical current senior issues.
- provides assistance to families seeking services for older relatives.
- provides information and referral services through our Outreach department to assist older adults live independently.
- provides services of a licensed Social Worker for special concerns surrounding mental health and aging.
- provides programs that promote healthy lifestyle choices while stimulating the mind and increasing happiness and laughter.
- fosters intergenerational programs that will enrich the lives of older adults, families, and children.
- promotes a positive image of aging and offers the means for older individuals to benefit their community through volunteering.