Department of Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is a town service organization with an overall Mission to maintain and preserve the Town of Cohasset's property, parks, and open space, along with the public way infrastructure which includes streets, sidewalks, signs, and catch basins. The DPW works together with various departments of the Town Government to accomplish these maintenance goals.
Aside from Town wide maintenance and preservation, the DPW is responsible for operating the Recycling Transfer Station in which they explore cost effective and environmentally responsible ways of recycling and disposal of refuse. The DPW helps protects the environment and maintains public health and safety standards through the management of road conditions and other variables that seasonal changes bring.
The Department of Public Works is responsible, but not limited to, the following:
- Construction projects
- Maintenance and repair of streets, sidewalks, and storm drainage systems
- Maintenance and repair of vehicles and service equipment
- Maintenance of parks, athletic fields, cemeteries, and off-street parking facilities
- Sales and records of cemetery lots
- Transfer of public refuse and recyclables
- Sales of blue pay-per-throw bags
- Snow removal and ice control
- Maintenance and/or removal of town owned trees
- Filling and maintenance of the fuel tank
DPW Updates -
Brush Chipping Day and Delayed Opening at the Recycling Transfer Station
Brush Chipping Day is Saturday, June 23rd from 7:30am - 3:30pm. Residential Brush will be accepted at the DPW parking areas. Please no trees over 10" in diameter. No stumps, firewood, briers or weed. No contractors.
Due to the Cohasset Triathlon, there will be a delayed opening of the RTF on Sunday, June 24th. Gates will open at 11AM.
The state will be replacing the Cunningham Bridge on Atlantic Avenue. Updates on the project will be made in this location on the Town Website and on the Town's Facebook page throughout the duration of the project. Read on...