The Town Manager is appointed by the Select Board to oversee the daily operations of the Town, advise, administer the policies and procedures of the Select Board, and enforce Town bylaws and actions passed at Town Meeting.
Serving as both Chief Administrative and Chief Financial Officer, the Town Manager is responsible for the effective management of Town departments (other than schools), preparing an annual budget and capital plan, coordinating activities leading up to the annual Town Meeting, providing support to the volunteer committee system, working with other levels of government, and managing special projects for the Select Board. The Town Manager's Office is also responsible for the continual review of policies and programs in an effort to provide improved service.
Cohasset Citizens Are Encouraged to Contact the Office of the Town Manager for the Following Reasons:
- Request an issue be placed on the agenda of an upcoming Select Board meeting.
- Receive information on Liquor, Common Victuallers, Local & State Entertainment, Junk Dealers, and other licenses issued by the Select Board.
- Answer questions about Town operations or finances.
- Inquire about serving on a volunteer board or committee.
- Learn about placing a citizen's petition before the annual or special town meeting.
- Request information about Town procurement policies, including bids and RFPs.
The Town Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and administering the policies of the Select Board
- Disseminating public information in a transparent, accessible, and accurate manner
- Hiring, directing, and supporting a high quality team of staff and managers
- Managing the development and implementation of the operating budget and capital plan
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the Town
- Supporting the work of the Town volunteer boards and committees
- Working to deliver services in the most efficient, effective, and sustainable manner