The Town Clerk is the communication spokesperson to and for the local citizenry. The Clerk's office is the first door of government accessed by individuals seeking information and resolution to issues and problems. The Clerk's office is deeply dedicated and involved in the community, offering patient and compassionate advice in a professional and personable manner.
Responsibilities & Services
- Certify Signatures on Petitions and Nomination Papers
- Filing Zoning Board of Appeals Decisions
- Genealogy Research
- Issues "All Facilities" Stickers
- Issues Business Certificates
- Issues Dog Licenses
- Marriage Intentions - By Appointment only - schedule by calling the office
- Register Voters
- Street Listings
- Voter Listings
Holidays and Observed Holidays 2023
- New Year's Day Observed Monday, January 2, 2023
- Martin Luther King Day- Monday, January 16, 2023
- Presidents Day-Monday, February 20, 2023
- Patriot's Day- Monday, April 17, 2023
- Memorial Day-Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth- Monday, June 19, 2023
- Independence Day-Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day-Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus Day-Monday, October 9, 2023
- Veterans' Day Observed- Friday, November 19, 2023
- Thanksgiving Early Release 1pm- Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day-Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Day after Thanksgiving-Friday, November 24, 2023
- Christmas Day-Monday, December 25, 2023
Town of Cohasset Census
In the coming weeks, the 2023 Annual Town Census will be mailed to all households in Cohasset.
Why is it important for you to fill out your census and mail it back? Local Communities like Cohasset use census data to determine who we are and who we are becoming. Using this data helps meet the needs of all segments of our population. No other source of data can provide the information that is so vital to accurate budgetary and programmatic planning.
It is important to know that if a voter does not return the census, that voter will be placed on the “inactive” voter list. If you are an inactive voter, it will be indicated on the list of voters when you check-in at your polling place. Before you may vote, you will be required to complete an affirmation of current and continuous residence. You will also be asked to present identification which shows your name and the address at which you are registered to vote.
Please take the time to promptly fill out the census form and return it to the Town Clerk’s office.
It is important to note that you CANNOT use the census to register to vote, change a voter’s address, or change a voter’s political party. If you would like to register to vote or change your policital designation, please click here: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/.
We thank you in advance for your response to your Annual Town Census!