The meeting schedule is subject to change as necessary. It is a recommended to contact the Planning Office to confirm the time of a particular hearing that you may be of particular interest to you.
All meetings are being held virtually via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Virtual meeting access is available on public meeting agendas no less than 48 business house in advance of meeting dates.
All Planning Board Meetings are open to the public.
The Planning Board consists of 5 members, with 1 member elected each year for a 5-year term, and 1 associate member elected for a 3-year term. The Planning Board elects from among its members, a Chair, a Vice Chair, and a Clerk.
|Planning Board Member||Appointment Type & Term||Term Expiration|
|Thomas J. Callahan, Chair||Elected (5 years)||May 31, 2025|
|Amy Glasmeier, Vice-Chair||Elected (5 years)||May 31, 2028|
|Clark H. Brewer, Member||Elected (5 years)||May 31, 2026|
|Deirdre Hobson, Member||Elected (5 years)||May 31, 2027|
|Kevin Heine, Member||Elected* (1 year)||May 31, 2024|
|Open Seat. Associate Member||May 31, 2025|
*Elected to fill 1-year of an unfulfilled 5-year term
Agendas & Minutes
Meeting agendas are posted on the first floor of the Town Hall 48 business hours before each meeting, Agendas are also posted to the Town's website. Meeting minutes are available on this website and archive copies are available for a nominal charge by calling the Planning Board.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Mission Statement of the Planning Board
- The Planning Board is focused on protecting and enhancing environmental, economic, and social quality of life in the community, for its residents and visitors alike. By facilitating and implementing appropriate planning initiatives and regulations aimed at preserving and protecting Cohasset, we ensure a solid foundation and a optimistic direction for the future.
Responsibilities of the Planning Board
- Studying the needs and potential of the Town, and when necessary, prepare plans to meet those needs and potentials. This includes writing, reviewing, updating, conducting public hearings, editing and publishing the Master Plan, and the official town map.
- Drafting, conducting public hearings and submitting zoning amendments and recommendations for consideration at Town Meetings
- Administration of the Subdivision Control Laws in accordance with Chapter 41, Section 81K - 81GG of the Massachusetts General Laws, including reviewing and conducting public hearings for all preliminary and definitive subdivision filings and Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR) Applications, and rendering decisions regarding those filings
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and rendering decisions for Large House Plan Review, Site Plan Review, Scenic Road Work Permits, and Special Permit filings
- Review and rendering decisions for Common Driveway applications
- Other duties and responsibilities as imposed upon it by Chapter 40A and Sections 81A - J of Chapter 41 of the Massachusetts General Laws