Christopher G. Senior
(781) 383-4105 Ext 109
Contact by EMail
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
Phone: (781) 383-4105
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
News and Announcements:
Description of the Town Manager:
The Town Manager is appointed by the Board of Selectmen to oversee the daily operations of the Town, advise, administer the policies and procedures of the Board of Selectmen, and enforce Town bylaws and actions passed at Town Meeting.
Serving as both Chief Administrative and Chief Financial Officer, the Town Manager is responsible for the effective management of Town departments (other than schools), preparing an annual budget and capital plan, coordinating activities leading up to the annual Town Meeting, providing support to the volunteer committee system, working with other levels of government, and managing special projects for the Board of Selectmen. The Town Manager's Office is also responsible for the continual review of policies and programs in an effort to provide improved service.
Cohasset Citizens are encouraged to contact the Office of the Town Manager for the Following Reasons:
- Request an issue be placed on the agenda of an upcoming Selectmen's meeting.
- Receive information on liquor, victualer, entertainment, junk dealers, and other licenses issued by the Board of Selectmen.
- Answer questions about Town operations or finances.
- Inquire about serving on a volunteer board or committee.
- Learn about placing a citizen's petition before the annual or special town meeting.
- Request information about Town procurement policies, including bids and RFP's.
Board and Committee Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers have been, and will continue to be, an integral part of Cohasset's Town Government. It is the community members and residents who give both their time and talents to help form policies and make critical changes which make Cohasset the special place it is today. Currently there are openings in various committees and boards in which local volunteers would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. If you are at all interested in volunteering for one of these spots please visit the Board and Committee Volunteer Opportunity page (found by scrolling over the Town Manager department tab) or by following the link provided below (Link is in Bold).
To access the procurements page please follow the link provided below (Link is in Bold):
The Board of Selectmen and the Town Manager's Office is responsible for issuing, renewing, and terminating licenses in the Town of Cohasset. For more information regarding the licensing process or if you are interested in applying or renewing a license in town please click on the "Licensing Information" Link on the right hand side of this page, or follow the link provided below (Link is in bold).
Responsibilities of the Town Manager:
The Town Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and administering the policies of the Board of Selectmen
- Disseminating public information in a transparent, accessible, and accurate manner
- Hiring, directing, and supporting a high quality team of staff and managers
- Managing the development and implementation of the operating budget and capital plan
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the Town
- Supporting the work of the Town volunteer boards and committees
- Working to deliver services in the most efficient, effective, and sustainable manner