Carol St. Pierre
(781) 383-4100 Ext 105
Contact by EMail
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
Phone: (781) 383-4100
Fax: (781) 383-1561
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
News and Announcements:
Description and Mission of the Town Clerk:
The Town Clerk is the communication spokesperson to and for the local citizenry. The Clerk's office is the first door of government accessed by individuals seeking information and resolution to issues and problems. The Clerk's office is deeply dedicated and involved in the community, offering patient and compassionate advice in a professional and personable manner.
The Town Clerk is held responsible for collecting and recording campaign finances for annual town elections, these finance reports then must be posted for public access. The link below will open the campaign finance page.
When making payments to this office, please note that only cash or money orders made payable to the Town of Cohasset, will only be accepted for all transactions. We cannot accept personal checks, debit, or credit cards. Cohasset uses an online payment system called UniPay to make convenient at home payments. To access UniPay please click the link below or follow the link on the sidebar titled "UniPay".
- All Facility Stickers can either be purchased online from the online payment link above, or from the Clerk's Office on the first floor of Town Hall.
- Along with purchasing All Facility Stickers, you can also purchase Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates online by following the online payment link above; these can also be obtained by visiting the Clerk's Office on the first floor of Town Hall
Cohasset has an open Town Meeting. The articles are presented to the Town Meeting in the form of a warrant prepared by the Town Manager and by the Board of Selectmen. The Town Meeting is run by the Moderator whom is elected and is responsible for declaring the votes which are then recorded by the Town Clerk. The Clerk is also responsible for recording the minutes of the meeting and sending the voted general and zoning bylaws to the attorney general for approval.
The date of the Annual Town Meeting is set by the Board of Selectmen before Decemeber 1st of the preceding year and shall be held in either March or April. The Annual Town Election takes place within thirty-five (35) days after the opening of the Annual Meeting.
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Day
Responsibilities and Services:
- Certify Signatures on Petitions and Nomination Papers
- Filing Zoning Board of Appeals Decisions
- Genealogy Research
- Issues "All Facilities" Stickers
- Issues Business Certificates
- Issues Dog Licenses
- Notarizing Signatures
- Register Voters
- Street Listings
- Voter Listings