Jo-Ann M. Pilczak
Manager, Permitting and Inspections
(781) 383-3517 Ext 127
Contact by EMail
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
Phone: (781) 383-3517
Planning Board Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
Description and Mission of the Planning Board:
The Planning Board is focused on protecting and enhancing environmental, economic, and social quality of life in the community, for its residents and visitors alike. By facilitating and implementing appropriate planning initiatives and regulations aimed at preserving and protecting Cohasset, we ensure a solid foundation and a optimistic direction for the future.
- Studying the needs and potential of the Town, and when necessary, prepare plans to meet those needs and potentials. This includes writing, reviewing, updating, conducting public hearings, editing and publishing the Master Plan, and the official town map.
- (The Master Plan was not adopted by vote of the Planning Board on November 24, 2009. It is included here for informational purposes only. The Master Plan is not binding.)
- Drafting, conducting public hearings and submitting zoning amendments and recommendations for consideration at Town Meetings.
- Administration of the Subdivision Control Laws in accordance with Chapter 41, Section 81K - 81GG of the Massachusetts General Laws, including reviewing and conducting public hearings for all preliminary and definitive subdivision filings and Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR) Applications, and rendering decisions regarding those filings.
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and rendering decisions for Site Plan Review and Special Permit filings.
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and making recommendations to the Building Commissioner for all Large Home Review filings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as imposed upon it by Chapter 40A and Sections 81A - J of Chapter 41 of the Massachusetts General Laws