(781) 383-4105 Ext 108
Contact by EMail
41 Highland Avenue
Cohasset, MA 02025
Phone: (781) 383-4105
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
Cohasset Parking Clerk
The Parking Clerk Office is located in the Selectmen's office which is on the second floor of the Town Hall, however, we recommend calling ahead to ensure the office is attended at that time; contact information can be found at the top of the page. Parking tickets may be brought to the Parking Clerk's Office, paid online by clicking the link below, or mailed to the following address:
Town of Cohasset
P.O. Box 447
Marlborough, MA 01752
Cohasset Parking Rules and Regulations:
- No parking is allowed on sidewalks or crosswalks - unless specifically marked
- Always look for, and pay attention to, parking signs around town
- Never park in a handicapped spot without a placard
- Never park in a fire lane
- Never block a fire hydrant
Sandy Beach - Government Island - Black Rock Beach - Wadleigh Park:
- In order to park at the above locations you must have a current Cohasset All Facilities Sticker on your vehicle. Stickers are available to all residents and must be renewed every year by July 1st. The Sticker must be visible on the front windshield in the lower corner of the driver's side. Vehicles will be ticketed if the sticker is absent, not visible, or in the wrong location. For more information or to purchase an All Facilities Sticker please visit the Town Clerk's Office on the first floor of the Town Hall or call at (781) 383-0273.
Overnight Parking Ban
Every year from November 15th - April 15th, Cohasset implements a town-wide overnight parking ban between the hours of 2am - 6am. The reasoning for the parking ban is to accommodate for winter and snow emergencies.
Appealing a Parking Ticket:
The Following reasons will not be accepted for appeals
- You did not see the "No Parking" sign
- You did not know that parking was restricted
- You were only in violation for a short time (i.e. Parking in a Fire Lane)
- You have never been ticketed for a specific violation before
- Any obstruction to traffic, parking on a crosswalk, and parking on a sidewalk
- You think the ticketed fine is too high
Ticket Appealing Procedure:
In accordance with Massachusetts General laws, all parking violations must be paid or appealed within 21 days of issue. Any appeals after 21 days from the date of the violation was issued are considered solely at the discretion of the Parking Clerk and may not be granted. All appeals must be in writing. Hearings will only be granted if your written appeal has been denied. If you are appealing a parking ticket please following the following procedure:
- Make a copy of the ticket/notice, mail with your written appeal form (found at the bottom of this page), with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to the Town Hall at 41 Highland Avenue in Cohasset, Addressed to the Parking Clerk.
- Your written appeal should state your case clearly and concisely to why you believe that you should not be held accountable to pay the parking ticket(s) in dispute
- Your written appeal will be answered within 30 days of receipt. You will not be charged any late fees during the appeal process.
- If your appeal is approved you will be notified in writing. No payment will be required.
- If your appeal is denied you will be notified in writing. Payment will be required by the due date specified in the letter