Elder Affair Volunteer Opportunities
Please call 781-383-9112 to discuss any of these opportunities. All volunteers must pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check. Van drivers must have a current, valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Spend an hour a week visiting with a homebound senior
- Provide transportation to lunch, to activities, or "around town". Time commitment is approximately three hours, once per month, or more at your request.
Meals on Wheels Drivers:
- Using your own transportation, deliver meals to homebound seniors. Time commitment is about two hours on an assigned basis.
Meals on Wheels Packers:
- Bag the lunches coordinated by South Shore Elder Services for delivery to homebound seniors. Approximate time commitment is 1 hour per lunch.
- Shop for and prepare a monthly meal for 15-25 seniors to be served at Cohasset Elder Affairs on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Currently we are looking for substitute chefs.
- Serve a meal to seniors and clean up after lunch on one scheduled day per week. Time commitment is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
Office Support/ Receptionist:
- Answer phones, take messages and perform data entry. Time commitment, approximately three hours per week.
- Cohasset's new senior center is scheduled to open in early 2015, and once it does our programs will expand. Increased space and parking will allow us to offer an abundance of enrichment activities for Cohasset's seniors. We're looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to take park in the excitement!
- Are you proficient in a foreign language or are you an artist in a medium such as water-color, oils, or pen and ink? Do you like to take photos, needle point, or quilt?
- Are you an experienced traveler with stories to tell? Would you consider running a support group? Do you play a musical instrument and want to share your talent? Are you a financial planner interested in volunteering your time?
- How about volunteering as a trip organizer and receiving a discount on your own trip?
- Come and be a part of the energy! Call 781-383-9112 to discuss your ideas