Zoning Board of Appeals
(781) 383-4100 Ext 118
Contact by EMail
Meeting Schedule: Monday
Meeting Time: 7:30pm
Location: Town Hall
Address: Town Hall, 41 Highland Avenue, Cohasset
Description of the Zoning Board of Appeals:
The Zoning Board of Appeals consists of six members (three full members, and three associate members) whom are appointed by the Board of Selectmen for three year terms. The Committee typically meets on the first Monday of each month and is responsible for holding public hearings for the following purposes:
- Hear and decide appeals from the decision of the Building Inspector concerning the issuance or denial of building permits on the basis of conformity with the zoning laws.
- Hear and decide applications for special permits.
- Authorize or deny variances from the zoning law.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as required under Chapter 40A of Massachusetts General Laws
* Please note: All applicants will be billed directly by the newspaper for all advertising costs associated with their hearing.