Meeting Schedule: Check Calendar for Meeting Dates
Meeting Time: 6:00pm
Location: Town Hall
Description of the Board of Sewer Commissioners:
The Sewer Commission was established by an Act of the State Legislature in 1962. The Commission is responsible for establishing and implementing the policies for managing the Town's sewage collection system and wastewater treatment plant. There are three (3) members of the Sewer Commission who are elected for staggered three year terms. The Commission meets periodically and members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings - meetings are also posted. The Commission has a responsibility to carry out the following
- Request for abatements
- Respond to complaints and concerns
- Review applications for sewer connections
- Review operation of the treatment plant and collection system
- Review the progress on construction and other sewer related projects
- Track the budgetary issues and planning
For the Sewer Commission Office Page Please follow the link below
- The Cohasset Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) continues to produce a very high quality effluent which has caught the attention of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection who recently recognized Cohasset as the recipient of the 2013 Award of Excellence for Plant Performance in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- This is a significant accomplishment for the Sewer Commission, Treatment Plant operators, and for Cohasset as a whole. The Commission would like to recognize United Water and Coughlin Environmental Services for continuing to adhere to the high standards we expect from our partners in operations.