Jo-Ann M. Pilczak
Manager, Permitting and Inspections
(781) 383-3517 Ext 127
Contact by EMail
Meeting Schedule: Twice each month; typically 1st and 3rd Wed. of each month
Meeting Time: 7:00pm
Location: Town Hall
Address: Town Hall, 41 Highland Avenue, Cohasset
Description of the Planning Board:
The Planning Board consists of five (5) members, with one member elected each year for a fiver (5) year term, and one (1) associate member elected for a three (3) year term. The Planning Board elects from among its members, a Chairman, a Vice Chairman, and a Clerk
The Planning Board generally meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm in the lower level meeting room at the Town Hall. This meeting schedule is subject to change to accommodate busy periods. Meeting agendas are posted on the first floor of the Town Hall 48 hours before each meeting; Agendas are also posted to the Town's website. It is a recommended to contact the Planning Board Office to confirm the time of a particular hearing that you may be of particular interest to you. All Planning Board Meetings are open to the public. Meeting minutes are available on this website and archive copies are available for a nominal charge by calling the Planning Board.
Responsibilities of the Planning Board:
- Studying the needs and potential of the Town, and when necessary, prepare plans to meet those needs and potentials. This includes writing, reviewing, updating, conducting public hearings, editing and publishing the Master Plan, and the official town map.
- (The Master Plan was not adopted by vote of the Planning Board on November 24, 2009. It is included here for informational purposes only. The Master Plan is not binding.)
- Drafting, conducting public hearings and submitting zoning amendments and recommendations for consideration at Town Meetings.
- Administration of the Subdivision Control Laws in accordance with Chapter 41, Section 81K - 81GG of the Massachusetts General Laws, including reviewing and conducting public hearings for all preliminary and definitive subdivision filings and Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR) Applications, and rendering decisions regarding those filings.
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and rendering decisions for Site Plan Review and Special Permit filings.
- Reviewing, conducting public hearings and making recommendations to the Building Commissioner for all Large Home Review filings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as imposed upon it by Chapter 40A and Sections 81A - J of Chapter 41 of the Massachusetts General Laws