Board of Health
Meeting Schedule: Dates will be Announced
Meeting Time: 7:00pm
Location: Town Hall
Address: Town Hall, 41 Highland Avenue, Cohasset
The Board of Health may be contacted through the through the Selectmen's Office at (781) 383-4105
Description and Mission of the Board of Health:
The Board of Health is a three member elected Board serving residents through the enforcement of health codes and the promotion of good public health practices. The Board is heavily involved in the regulatory and permitting process for a number of environmental and public health issues as well as major development projects.
The Board of Health is a member of Region 4B Emergency Preparedness Division which meets monthly under the direction of the State Department of Public Health and is orchestrated by the Cambridge Public Health Alliance. Currently we are focusing our efforts on pandemic planning.
The mission of the Cohasset Board of Health is to provide the residents of the Town of Cohasset with comprehensive, high-quality Public Health Services through the evaluation (and developing new) town policies, procedures, regulations, statements, and programs in the areas of Public Health Nursing, Environmental Health, and other Public Health disciplines.
- For more information about the Health Department, please go to the Health Department Page
Ten Essential Public Health Services:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems