|Town Election Information - June 27, 2020
Absentee/Early Voting Ballots Now Available
|In Person Voting will be available from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Polling Location - Cohasset Town Hall Auditorium, 41 Highland Avenue.
|The Annual Town Election and Annual Town Meeting were postponed by a vote of the Cohasset Board of Selectmen at their meeting on 3/31/2020 and 4/28/2020 pursuant to
S. Bill 2608, Chapter 45, Acts of 2020, due to the heath and safety of our citizens and staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Ballot Tabulator Testing - June 23, 2020|
|Last Day to Register to Vote in Town Election - Revised 6/12/2020|
|Instruction to Voters|
|Early Voting by Mail Application
- In response to the declared state of emergency, legislation was approved for early voting by mail, for municipal elections through June 30 in the Commonwealth. This is like absentee voting however no excuse is required.
- Similar to the absentee ballot voting requirements an application must be completed.
- You may obtain the application online, in the Lobby of the Police Station and Town Hall or by contacting the Town Clerk's office at 781-383-4100, Ext.5105, firstname.lastname@example.org.
-After completing the form you can submit via email email@example.com, standard mail or by depositing the form in the drop box in front of Town Hall.
- Once we have received you completed application a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Please note that your Ballot must be received in the office of the Town Clerk by the close of polls on Election Day, June 27, 2020.
|Absentee Ballot Application
- Under the Massachusetts Constitution, absentee ballots are available for all elections to voters who are disable, out of town on Election Day or have a religious belief preventing them from voting at their polling place.
- In response to the declared state of emergency, legislation was passed to expand the definition of absentee voting to include other seasons such as those related to COVUD-19 impacts.
- To apply for an absentee ballot you must complete an application which you can obtain online, in the Lobby of the Police Station and Town Hall or by contacting the Town Clerk's office at 781-383-4100 Ext. 5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- One we have received your completed application a ballot will be mailed to you.
- Please note, your ballot must be received in the office of the Town Clerk by the close of polls on Election Day, June 27, 2020.
The Town Clerk is the communication spokesperson to and for the local citizenry. The Clerk's office is the first door of government accessed by individuals seeking information and resolution to issues and problems. The Clerk's office is deeply dedicated and involved in the community, offering patient and compassionate advice in a professional and personable manner.
Responsibilities & Services
- Certify Signatures on Petitions and Nomination Papers
- Filing Zoning Board of Appeals Decisions
- Genealogy Research
- Issues "All Facilities" Stickers
- Issues Business Certificates
- Issues Dog Licenses
- Notarizing Signatures
- Register Voters
- Street Listings
- Voter Listings
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Washington Day
- Patriot's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans' Day