Planning and Zoning Office
COVID-19 UPDATE - Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Town is holding board meetings virtually for the foreseeable future, including virtual public hearings. Please contact the Planning and Zoning Office Staff for more information on virtual meetings.
Responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Office:
- The Planning and Zoning Office is a component of the Planning, Permits and Inspections Office
- Provide support and technical assistance to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Master Plan Implementation Committee & Working Groups, Harbor Committee & Working Groups, Affordable Housing Trust, Affordable Housing Steering Committee, and the Zoning Bylaw Committee.
- Process and scheduling of Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals applications
- Implementation of long-range planning initiatives
- Coordination with fellow Town officials on land-use initiatives and grant applications